Awards 2020 - Journal of Food Technology and Preservation (2019) Volume 3, Issue 3
9th International Conference on Food Science & TechnologyNichelle A Mullins
President, Charter Oak Center, Hartford, Connecticut, USA, E-mail: [email protected]
A poster is a way of presenting your research to the audience in a visual format. Allied Academies conference offers a unique creative opportunity to showcase your talents in this way.
Benefits of poster presentation:
• Unique opportunity to combine visual and oral explanations of your projects in the form of poster presentation.
• Best Poster Award: 3 best awards will be given at the closing ceremony of the conference.
• The accepted abstract will be published in reputed and supporting International journals with a unique DOI number by CROSSREF
• Best posters will be given an opportunity to publish the full work in the supporting International journals.
The selection of the winner will be based on
• Posters will be evaluated based on the following criteria, those are presentation style (5); Research Quality (5) and Layout/Design (5)
• Presentation clarity of poster and oral explanation
• Poster judges’ overall responses to the questions and the completeness of work.
• The size of the poster should be 40" x 59" or 1X1.5 Sq.Mts.
• Space your information proportionally divides your poster either vertically or horizontally into 3 or 4 sections and place your materials within those spaces.
• Use large text
• Choose colours carefully and pay attention to contrast.
• Cropping, Margins and spacing: All edges and margins should be straight and event.
• White space: The are not covered with text or graphics:
Posters should have the following information
• Contact Information
Posters should stimulate discussion, do not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum emphasize graphics, and make sure every item in your poster is necessary
• Good quality of the link is to be used to print the posters
• No computers or extra aids may be used during a poster presentation
• Keep your poster presentation to 15 mins per visitor/judge
• Each poster can be presented by maximum 2
• Try not to stand directly in front of your posters, allow another scientist to view.
• Carry your poster to the meeting using tubular packaging or a portfolio case. Do not mail your poster to the conference headquarters or to the meeting site.