Mini Review - Journal of Clinical Dentistry and Oral Health (2021) Volume 5, Issue 5
Facial reconstruction surgery: Skin, cartilage or bone structure of the face and jaw.
Werner Becker *
- *Corresponding Author:
- Werner Becker
School of Dentistry
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
Accepted date: September 25, 2021
Facial Reconstruction Surgery is exceptionally specific medical procedure. It is regularly suggested for patients whose facial appearance and construction has been influenced by actual injury or disease. With their inside and out information on facial life structures, the oral specialists and otolaryngologists can play out this perplexing treatment to assist patients with recuperating their regular appearance and recover eating and talking usefulness.
Facial recreation medical procedure is a sort of a medical procedure intended to address issues in neck or face tissues. This cycle can include muscles, skin, bones, nerves, ligament and connective tissues in the ears, nose, mouth and different pieces of the face . Reconstructive medical procedure is unique in relation to restorative medical procedure (however the outcomes might be comparable) in light of the fact that it assists with giving typical working to a space that wasn't working effectively.
This space of careful treatment envelops an expansive scope of methods. Facial remaking a medical procedure might adjust the bone design of the face and jaw . Contingent upon the degree of the injury, a few medicines include the neck and skull too. Maybe here and there, muscle tissue, ligament, and skin tissue ought to be adjusted to reestablish balance to the patient's facial design . Tissue joins, restorative embeds, and balancing out plates or screws may likewise be vital.
Reconstructive medical procedure regularly includes the nose or mouth, so these tasks are performed by uncommon specialists called otolaryngologists. An otolaryngologist treats the nose, throat, neck and related regions.
What are some common types of Facial Reconstructive Surgery?
There are various sorts of a medical procedure that can be remembered for the therapy for facial recreations. The reasons a patient might require reconstructive medical procedure are additionally differed . Actual injury from fender benders or sports wounds can influence the bone and strong design of the face and mouth. Skin disease is another normal reason. Patients who have had enormous patches of skin eliminated from the face and neck might require facial medical procedure to reestablish a characteristic appearance and appropriate muscle usefulness.
Facial reconstructive medical procedure is regularly required after a genuine mishap . It can likewise address innate issues that cause issues with relaxing. The following are a couple of normal facial medical procedures:
- Nose reproduction and nose a medical procedure.
- Facial revival.
- Scar evacuation or fix.
- Palate adjustment.
- Mohs medical procedure.
- Tissue fixes following malignant growth treatment.
- Treatment for facial loss of motion.
- Cleft lip treatment.
- Ear reproduction and otoplasty medical procedure.
These techniques might utilize skin, ligament or bone from different pieces of the body to reestablish a characteristic appearance to regions have that lost huge tissue. Different occasions, specialists cautiously change existing muscle or skin . Facial reconstructive medical procedure has two objectives: to give patients an appearance that makes them cheerful and to assist influenced tissues with working better.
The sort and degree of a medical procedure relies upon a patient's clinical history and what kind of facial injury required the requirement for reconstructive medical procedure. The accomplished specialists work with every persistent to foster an altered treatment plan.
Reconstructive facial surgery for different types of injuries
There are various kinds of medical procedure that can be remembered for the therapy for facial recreations. The reasons a patient might require reconstructive medical procedure are additionally shifted. Actual injury from fender benders or sports wounds can influence the bone and strong design of the face and mouth. Skin malignant growth is another normal reason. Patients who have had enormous patches of skin eliminated from the face and neck might require facial medical procedure to reestablish a characteristic appearance and legitimate muscle usefulness.
- Bhattacharya S. Jacques Joseph: father of modern aesthetic surgery. Indian J Plast Surg 2008;41:S3-S8.
- Gillies HD. Plastic surgery of the face based on selected cases of war injuries of the face including burns, with original illustrations London, UK: Frowde; 1920. Available at: https://archive.org/details/plasticsurgeryof00gilluoft.
- Triana RJ. Sir Harold Gillies. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 1999;1(2):142-49.
- Spencer CR. The otolaryngologist and father of modern facial plastic surgery: review of his rhinoplasty case notes. J Laryngol Otol. 2015;129(06):520-528.
- AAFPRS Mission. Statement American Academy of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery (2015). Available at: http://www.aafprs.org/patient/about_us/pa_mission.html. Accessed August 31, 2015
- Larrabee WF. The international federation of facial plastic surgery societies. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2013;15(6):403–09.