Opinion Article - Journal of Public Health Policy and Planning (2021) Volume 5, Issue 3
Ambulatory care services: present and future
*Public Health Agency of Sweden,Solna, Sweden
- Corresponding Author:
- Mikael Adolfson
Public Health Agency of Sweden
E-mail: [email protected]
Accepted date: March 15, 2021
Ambulatory care can be defined as it is a medical service for outpatient basis, without admission to a hospital or other facility. The Ambulatory care is backbone in health care industry. Many medical services are available in ambulatory car for example services are available for acute and chronic illnesses and preventive health care including surgical and medical procedures, many dental services, in the field of dermatology, and in many types of diagnostic procedures like blood tests, X-rays, endoscopy and biopsy procedures of superficial organs .
Ambulatory care medical devices are mobile lab and that a patient can wear or use on an outpatient basis or at home. For example is ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and hyperlipidemia. Human immunodeficiency virus infection is with higher in morbidity, mortality, and healthcare costs. The number is increasing day by day rapidly in the world.. Early detection of HIV infection and it treatment for HIV and its more research about clinical events associated and mortality in infected individuals and can decrease HIV transmission to others through reduction in viral load and changes in high-risk behavior. According to the World Health Organization, only 54% of people having infection with HIV infection in 2015 were aware of their HIV status. In the United States, about 14% of the peple have effected with 1.2 million individuals living with HIV infection remain undiagnosed . Who is having acute and chronic medical conditions and comorbid mental health issues are with an increased risk of inefficient or inappropriate use of primary and speicalized treatment like ambulatory care services .
In the world, the COVID-19 is emerging and pandemic has shone a spotlight on intensive care units and the activities of their staff. But resources are very less and exact treatment is not identified still. Ambulatory care is another option for patients who are effected with corona virus .
Another important service available for outpatient is Ambulatory surgery is expanding throughout the world and it is successful rate is at least 75%, if not more, of all operations/procedures will ultimately be carried out in ambulatory surgery Centres . The number os surgeries are increasing for procedures; mostly the procedures are minor but including intermediate surgical procedures. Ambulatory care services groups should be recognized as a separate group with qualified and experts in the particular fieled . The majority of ambulatory surgery operations and procedures are separative, but some procedures are appropriately selected acute surgical operations, including trauma, can also be carried out in ambulatory surgery centres/units.
1. Kazory A, Brewer T, Sattari M. Patients' Misconceptions Regarding HIV Testing: A Communication Gap in the Ambulatory Care Setting. J Community Med Health Educ. 2017;7:570.
2. Andrea F, Matthias R. Ambulatory Care-Sensitive Conditions and Mental Health Disorders: A Short Overview of the Current State of Research. Int J Emerg Mental Health Human Resil. 2016; 8(4):1-4.
3. Rattan S, Gupta A, Sharma GA. COVID-19 Pandemic preparedness and response by India: Did lockdown serve its purpose? a Commentary. J Public Health Policy Plann 2020;4(4):66-69.
4. Caton L, Shen H, Assefa MT, et al. Expanding access to medications for opioid use disorder in primary care: An examination of common implementation strategies. J Addict Res Ther.2020; 11:407.
5. Sohler N, Zubatov Y, Still J, et al. Primary Care Provider Feedback of Training to Identify and Manage Pre-Diabetes . J Community Med Health Educ.2017; 7:55.