Announcement - Ophthalmology Case Reports (2021) Volume 5, Issue 2
Announcement: Ophthalmology Case Reports.
Managing Editor, Ophthalmology Case Reports, United Kingdom
- Corresponding Author:
- Christiana Williams
Ophthalmology Case Reports, United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Accepted on April 30 2021
New Member Added to the Editorial Board
Dear Readers Warm Greetings from Ophthalmology Case Reports.
It is my pleasure to reach out to fellow members of our esteemed society through this journal. I take this opportunity to introduce our new Editor, Dr. S Shivaji. We warmly congratulate Dr. Shivaji, for joining the 2021 Editorial Board. We hope you find your time at the Journal of Ophthalmology Case Reports insightful as you study, evaluate, and engage in Ophthalmology and its relevant fields. Please read below to learn more about Dr. Shivaji.
Dr. Shivaji. Presently Distinguished Scientist and Director Emeritus at L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, previously was Director of Prof Brien Holden Eye Research Centre, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, from 2015-2019. He has been retired as Retired a Director-grade Scientist at CCMB, Hyderabad, in 2012.
He has been Visiting Scientist for:
1. Max-Planck Institute for Biophysikalische Chemie, Gottingen, West Germany.
2. National Institute of Basic Biology, Okazaki, Japan.
3. Institute for Medicine, Muenster, Germany.
4. Observatoire Oceanologique de Banyuls, Banyuls sur Mer, France.
5. Central University of Manipur, Manipur.
6. Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh. His research interest includes:
1. Microbial biodiversity of Antarctica, Arctic, Himalayas, and other cold habitats.
2. Molecular basis of cold adaptation using psychrophilic bacteria as model systems.
3. The microbiome of the ocular surface and ocular fluids.
4. Antimicrobial resistance and biofilm formation
5. Molecular basis of mammalian sperm function and fertilizing ability.
6. Conservation of endangered animals by assisted reproduction.
He has the following awards and allocations:
1. Ranked among the best 2% of microbiologists in the world by Stanford University study.
2. National Award, Ministry of Earth Sciences (2016) for research in Cryosphere and Polar sciences.
3. E K Janaki Ammal award, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (2018) for research in Microbial Taxonomy.
4. Antarctic Award in Biological Sciences, Ministry of Earth Sciences Government of India, 2002.
5. Member of the First Indian Expedition to the Arctic in August 2007.
6. Carl Woese award by Association of Microbiologists of India, Pune, 2014.
7. Prof L S Ramaswami Award (2010) by Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility.
8. Prof T C Anand Kumar award (2013) by Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility.
9. Dr. Subhas Mukherjee award for his contributions in the area of Reproductive biology by the Association of Clinical embryologists of India, in September 2017.
10. Prof J V Bhat-Eureka Forbes Award for Excellence in Research in Microbiology, 1992.
11. Recipient of M.S.Malhotra Research Prize for the year 1996 from DRDO, GoI.
He is a fellow of:
1. National Academy of Sciences, India, 1990.
2. Indian Academy of Sciences, India, 2010.
3. Telangana Akademi of Sciences, 2002.
4. Zoological Society of London, 2002.
I sincerely request that all members contribute by sending in their insightful ideas and articles. In all of our endeavors, I look forward to your inspiration, guidance, and constructive criticism. With regards, Editorial Manager Ophthalmology Case Reports mail: [email protected]