Editorial Board Members
- Jian-Jun Li MD, PhD, FESC., Professor and Director at Center for Dyslipidemia and Cardiovascular Disease, Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China. He is Vice President of Chinese Molecular College of Cardiology. He is member of National Expert Committee on Prevention and Control of Cardiovascular Disease and an expert Member of Chinese Doctor Union.
- Dr. Shigenori Ito, Division of Cardiology, Sankuro Hospital, Toyota, Japan. He was a Research Scientist at the Washington (DC) Hospital Center (Interventional Cardiology) from 1996-1998. He worked at Nagoya City University as an instructor from 1998-2001. He was a director at Toyohashi Heart Center from 2001-2004, at Moriyama Municipal Hospital from 2004-2007, and at Nagoya City East Medical Center from 2007. He worked at the Junshukai Medical Foundation since June, 2015. He moved to Sankuro Hospital February, 2016. Since 2007 he also has worked as a director of Japan Cardiovascular Imaging Core Laboratory (Japan CICL).
- Dr. Georges Nemer, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, American University of Beirut. Since 2011 he is Director of the Basic Science Research Faculty Affairs at the American University of Beirut, Co-Director of the Congenital Heart Disease Genetic Program since 2004 and since 2003 to present he is the director of the Molecular Core Facility at the American University of Beirut.
- Dr. Burton M. Altura, Professor at Department of Medicine, Suny downstate medical center, USA. His overall interest is the role of magnesium, sphingolipids and lipid messengers in vascular biology and disease processes, such as stroke, diabetes mellitus and atherogenesis. An additional major interest is the role of alcohol and substances of abuse in stroke etiology.
- Dr. Rabindra Nath Das, Professor and Chairman, Department of Statistics, The University of Burdwan,West Bengal, India. Convener, Bio-Chemistry Examination,The University of Burdwan,India. His research interests include Applied Statistics: Epidemiology on Thyroid disease, Liver disease, Diabetes,Carcinoma.
- Dr. Xueting (Tina) Jin, Research Fellow at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland focusing on disorders of cholesterol metabolism. Dr. Jin is investigating previously unrecognized cholesterol microdomains that accumulate within the extracellular spaces of atherosclerotic plaques, and which cholesterol-enriched cells including macrophages deposit into the extracellular matrix.
- Dr. Alexander E. Berezin, Professor of Medicine, Consultant of Cardiology Unit of Internal Medicine Department at State Medical University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine. Received the MD degree and PhD degree in field of Heart Failure, State Medical University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- Dr. Salam A. Ibrahim, Professor in Food Microbiology, Food and Nutritional Sciences at North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC since 2009. Developed and taught several undergraduate and graduate courses: Food biotechnology, Food safety and sanitation etc. The recipient of the 2004 Younger Chemists Committee leadership award by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Dr. Alexander Marcus Seifalian, Alexander Marcus Seifalian is a Professor of Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine, and Director of UCL Centre for Nanotechnology & Regenerative Medicine at University College London (UCL-CNRM). He was awarded the top prize in the field for development of nanomaterials and technologies for cardiovascular implants in 2007 by Medical Future Innovation, in 2009 received a Business Innovation Award from UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in the Life Sciences and Healthcare category and in 2012 Winner of most innovative new product 2012 ?synthetic trachea? awarded by European Life Science, Hamburg, Germany.
- Dr. Leonardo Roever, Department of Clinical Research, Federal University of Uberlandia(UFU), Brazil. The total of publications comprises 123 articles in journals specialized as an author and/or co-authored, 19 abstracts in conference proceedings, and 2 international book chapter.
- Dr. Gang Li, Professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Geriatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University,China since 1989. Postdoctoral Researcher Associate (2003 - 2004) Div Atherosclerosis, Nutrition and Lipid Research, Dept Internal Med, Washington University School of Medicine, Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Dr. Umme Rumana, Dr. Rumana settled within the TX Medical Center in Houston and became USMLE certified. She continues her career roles in clinical medicine at the New York Institute of Technology, together with research in ongoing projects.
- Dr. Kerim Esenboga, Dr. Kerim Esenboga is a cardiology consultant at 29 Mayis State Hospital in Ankara, Turkey. He is graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in Ankara, Turkey. Dr. Esenboga completed his residency training in cardiology at Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in Ankara, Turkey. His special interest includes cardiovascular pharmacology and interventional cardiology.
- Dr. Rajesh Rajan, Dr. Rajesh Rajan MD, Ph.D, FRCP(UK), FACC, FESC, FAHA is the current President of the Indian Association of Clinical Cardiologists. He has been the recipient of several distinguished fellowships, including those from the Royal College of Physicians UK, European Society of Cardiology, American College of Cardiology, and American Heart Association. Dr Rajan has been in charge of various clinical research registries in heart failure and authored several publications. He is actively involved in various global forums and committees in the field of cardiology.
- Dr. Shiwei Duan, Dr. Shiwei Duan is currently Professor of School of Medicine at Ningbo University. Dr. Duan completed his Ph.D. in Human Genetics in Department of Molecular Cell Biology from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. He has done MS in the field of Applied Biochemistry. He has held research appointments at School of Medicine at University of Chicago in the United States and Singapore Institute of Clinical Sciences at Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) in Singapore.
- Dr. Richard Kones, Medical Director, Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA. His other affiliations include the Society for Critical Care Medicine, European Atherosclerosis Society, International Atherosclerosis Society, American Society for Hypertension, National Lipid Association, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, American Society for Preventive Cardiology, Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention, International Society for Heart Research, Heart Failure Society of America, American Diabetes Association, Endocrine Society, American Thoracic Society, Inflammation Research Association, and the Metabolic Syndrome Institute. He has also been a long-standing active member of the French Society of Cardiology and other notable scientific organizations and working groups.