Biomedical Research

- Biomedical Research (2014) Volume 25, Issue 4

Contact charcoal burn associated with acute central cord syndrome.

We describe a very unusual contact charcoal burn associated with acute central cord syndrome. The patient is a known case of cervical degenerative disc disease who accidentally slipped and fell down in hot charcoal with sudden neck hyperextension. This lead to acute central cord syndrome, quadriplegia, loss of sensation, and bilateral lower limb 4th degree burn requiring amputation. The case is reported to increase the awareness of burn surgeons to burns associated with central cord syndrome.

Author(s): Abdullah Al-Thunyan, Mohammad M. Al-Qattan, Hanan Al-Husainan, Obaid Al-Meshal

Abstract Full Text PDF